BY THE DECISION OF THE COMMERCIAL REGISTER COURT IN SZCZECIN DATED 19 APRIL 1994, THE FOLLOWING WAS LOGGED IN THE REGISTER OF THE ORGANISATIONS: STOWARZYSZENIE EKSPERTOW MORSKICH-MARITIME EXPERTS ASSOCIATION with residence in Szczecin
The board of MEA
prof. MANS, dr hab.
kpt. ż.w., mgr inż.
prof. ZUT, dr hab. inż.
prof. dr hab. inż.
kpt. ż.w., dr inż.
Management Board Plenipotentiary for Cooperation with Szczecin Maritime University of Technologye
kpt. ż.w., inż.
Board Agent for relations with foreign maritime organisations
History and Today
At the end of forties, the Polish Chamber of Foreign Trade emerged to fulfill the needs of reborn, after the war, foreign trade.
It was then the first and the only one Chamber of Trade on the Polish Territory.
Its undisputable value was the continuation of the similar chamber from before the war, cultivating the ethos and tradition of the Commercial Law.
Until the dissolving, Polish Chamber or the Foreign Trade was the undisputable opinion maker in polish foreign trade, so much respected and famous in the world, that even many years after liquidation, enormous amount of mail was sent on its address, and its logo was stolen by many private firms trying to build their standing on the old legend.
Polish Chamber of Foreign Trade had its branches in many polish cities, and its Claim Adjuster Agencies in Gdynia and Szczecin were servicing millions of tons of the cargo yearly The independent experts and surveyors were affiliated to those agencies and their opinions, reports and advices were much in the use of numerous Insurance Companies, P+I clubs, Maritime Courts. Those were the days when its standing was equal with the legend in the market: SGS- the all world company.
After canceling the Polish Chamber of the Foreign Trade the branch of maritime experts splited out, and the market started to be penetrated by self-appointed so called surveyors, performing their job unduly, unprofessionally, frequently at the wish of the employer.
Disorder started. The need of reorganizing market was crucial.
The Maritime Experts Association emerged shortly after dissolving the Polish Chamber of Foreign Trade. The newly born MEA inherited most of the procedures, examples and customs of the late PIHZ.
Nowadays Maritime Experts Association-MEA incorporates 36 experts and surveyors from many fields of the Maritime Industry and trade.
The basic group consists of the old boys-ex Maritime Experts from the late PIHZ, we call them "fathers founders" of the Association.
Many passed away, their place was taken over by the new generation.
The principal virtue is the permanent verification and evaluation of members, beginning from the very moment of joining.
Members of association must comply with criteria of the highestprofessional qualification, experience and knowledge confirmed by theirreal, online works: surveys and advices.
Classification of the Maritime Surveys
NAVIGATION AND SAFETY AT SEA
- practical navigation
- cartography, hydrography
- anticollision and radar navigation
- maneuvering and towing
- logistics of the port approaches, traffic and narrow passages
- magnetic compass deviation
- calibration and control of the navigation systems
- external audits and IMO codes evaluation (ISM, ISPS)
MACHINERY AND OTHER DEVICES
- main and auxiliary engines
- electrical devices and automation
- sea communication and ship's automatic equipment
- computerising and programming
- refrigeration devices
- pressure installations and tanks
- ship and shore cargo handling devices
- sea fishing tackles and tools
- floating constructions, hulls, tanks
- surveys of the ship's construction damages
- particular average of the cargo/ casco
- ship's stability, buoyancy and resistance
- material specification
- holds inspections
- ship's appreciation, ship's technical evaluation
TRANSPORT OF COMMODITIES AND STOWAGE
- control of quantity and quality of commodities, Draft Survey
- ships inspections, ON-OFF Hire conditions
- evaluation of the IMO codes on cargo
- preplanning and preloading of specific goods
- steel cargoes
ADVANTAGES OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION
FULLFILLING THE NEED OF THE MARITIME COMPLEMENTARY SERVICES MARKET AGAINST THE DEMANDS OF THE UE MARKET.
FULLFILLING THE NEED OF THE INDEPENDENT AND APPROVED EXPERTS FOR MARITIME TRADE.
Maintaining full compatibility of the services with the IMO codes and conventions POSSIBILITY OF VERYFYING AND IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF THE EXPERTS SERVICES.
CREATING THE GROUP OF OPINION MAKERS.
Our offer as the Marine Surveyors and Consultants
Navigation and safety at sea:
- practical navigation,
- cartography, hydrography,
- anti-collision and radar navigation,
- manoeuvring and towing,
- logistics of the port approaches, traffic and narrow passages,
- magnetic compass deviation,
- calibration and control of the navigation systems,
- external audits and IMO codes evaluation (ISM, ISPS).
Machinery and other devices:
- main and auxiliary engines,
- electrical devices and automation,
- sea communication and ship’s automatic equipment,
- computerising and programming,
- refrigeration devices,
- pressure installations and tanks,
- ship and shore cargo handling devices,
- sea fishing tackles and tools,
- floating constructions, hulls, tanks,
- surveys of the ship’s constructions damages,
- particular average of the cargo / casco,
- ship’s stability buoyancy and resistance,
- material specification,
- ships appreciation, ship’s technical evaluation.
Transport of commodities and stowage:
- control of quantity of commodities, Draft Survey,
- ships inspections, On/Off Hire conditions,
- evaluation of the IMO codes on cargo,
- preplanning and preloading of specific goods,
- steel cargo
Advantages of the activities of the Association:
Fulfilling the need of the maritime complementary services market against the demands of the UE market by approved experts for maritime trade.
SHORTLY: CONSULTING, STUDYING AND SOLVING EVEN THE MOST SOFISTICATED CASES OF THE MARITIME INDUSTRIES.
Stowarzyszenie Ekspertów Morskich
ul. Wały Chrobrego 1-2
70-500 Szczecin / POLAND
tel. +48 604 404 096